The evolution of surgical micromotors
A surgical micromotor is one of the most important pieces of equipment when it comes to oral surgery and implant placement. This CPD article teaches you more about the advances in their technical capabilities and why having complete control over speed and torque in surgical procedures significantly improves clinical outcomes.
Aims and objectives:
- To inform readers about the development and workings of surgical micromotors
- Educate readers about the relationship between speed and torque in surgical procedures
- Heighten awareness of the technological advances in the latest surgical micromotors
On completing this Enhanced CPD article, the reader will:
- Have increased their knowledge on the development and workings of surgical micromotors
- Understand the relationship between speed and torque in surgical procedures
- Have a heightened awareness of the technological advances in the latest surgical micromotors
Development Outcome: C
Worth 0.5 hour of verifiable eCPD
Gaining verifiable CPD is an essential component of a dental professional’s life-long learning and as a company we are committed to the provision of relevant education. As part of this commitment we publish regular online CPD articles. Each article is followed by a series of multiple-choice questions that should be answered online, after which respondents will receive immediate feedback as to whether answers are correct or given the opportunity to re-answer if necessary.
On completion you will be able to download a PDF certificate, which can be used as evidence of CPD hours.