Composite restorations and maintenance – before and after
Composite bonding is an increasingly popular cosmetic treatment for patients wanting to enhance their smile. This CPD article from Dental Therapist Lauren Long teaches you more about maintaining composite restorations to ensure patients’ smiles remain looking good for as long as possible.
Aims and objectives:
- Educate readers in identifying the causes of staining in composite restorations
- Discuss how to effectively remove stains from composite restorations using Glycine-based powder therapy
- Heighten awareness of key pieces of equipment that can be used to support periodontal health in patients
On completing this Enhanced CPD article, the reader will:
- Be able to identify the causes of staining of composite restorations
- Have increased their knowledge on how to remove stains from composite restorations using Glycine-based powder therapy
- Will be able to discuss key pieces of equipment to support periodontal health in patients
Development Outcome: C
Worth 0.5 hour of verifiable eCPD
Gaining verifiable CPD is an essential component of a dental professional’s life-long learning and as a company we are committed to the provision of relevant education. As part of this commitment we publish regular on-line CPD articles. Each article is followed by a series of multiple-choice questions that should be answered on-line, after which respondents will receive immediate feedback as to whether answers are correct or given the opportunity to re-answer if necessary.
A PDF certificate, which can be used as evidence of CPD hours, will be sent to you via email on completion.