Diabetes mellitus and dentistry: the complications beyond the oral cavity
Diabetes mellitus is a chronic condition affecting an increasing number of people globally. This CPD article from Éilish Duffy RDH teaches you more about the condition, the complications that arise beyond the dental cavity and how this relates to the considerations of managing their oral health.
Aims and objectives:
- Educate readers about the multiple systemic complications arising from diabetes mellitus
- Heighten awareness of the additional physiological complications of diabetes mellitus
- Discuss the considerations for the management of patients with diabetes mellitus in dental practice
On completing this Enhanced CPD article, the reader will:
- Have increased their knowledge of the multiple systemic complications arising from diabetes mellitus
- Have heightened their awareness of the additional physiological complications of diabetes mellitus
- Will be able to discuss the considerations for the management of patients with diabetes mellitus in dental practice
Development Outcome: C
Worth 0.5 hour of verifiable eCPD
Gaining verifiable CPD is an essential component of a dental professional’s life-long learning and as a company we are committed to the provision of relevant education. As part of this commitment we publish regular online CPD articles. Each article is followed by a series of multiple-choice questions that should be answered online, after which respondents will receive immediate feedback as to whether answers are correct or given the opportunity to re-answer if necessary.
On completion you will be able to download a PDF certificate, which can be used as evidence of CPD hours.